Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Movie review [Our Ref:EXD01416]

I watched a movie called 'Swades' today. This is a movie about an NRI space scientist visiting India for the first time in his adult life. He gets involved in a project that helps an entire village. Boosted by the response, he decides to stay in India and help out his village and other villages in the vicinity.
From Wikipedia, I learnt that the film was critically acclaimed but fared average in the box office. The film stars Shahrukh Khan and a newbie heroine along with a variety of cast. I liked the way the people chosen for their roles played them to perfection, particularly, the character of the Post Master/Kusti Bailvan. All character builds were equally impressive and unique in their own way.
The reason why I write about this movie is that it raised several questions in my mind about my own life and the understanding of its meaning. One character from the movie says that it is not logical to light our neighbour's house when our own house is in darkness. What Im doing right now may not directly relate to this, as Im not paying taxes anywhere except in India. I bring valuable foreign expenditure to our country and in this way and also by remaining as a responsible citizen, I am doing the right thing from my own point of view. But then, the question of how good Ive served our country still arises in my mind once in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment