Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Recap of Engagement day

Day before yesterday, the day of my engagement was truly one of my most memorable days. I hope it will be followed by many more  memorable nice days in the future.
The day started with a little suspense from the company side. The vessel schedule had changed and so I was expected to join by 24the itself. Then as an engagement gift, no flights were available for the said dates and so my sign on was shifted by a week to 1st Feb, relieving me from the tension temporarily.
My family and I reached the hall by 3.30. Then I waited till 4.30 for the auspicious time after which I got dressed for the occasion in a navy blue based suit and pants.
I was then taken to the main hall surrounded by ladies carrying the 51 plates prepared traditionally.
I remained in the hall for the next 4 hours doing various things  like getting blessings, posing for photos, cutting the cake and so on. Later we also clicked some pictures for the purpose of candid shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment