Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Whats happening in my life [Our Ref:EXD02451]

As you already know, the safety survey went quite well during the last port stay of Balboa, Panama. Just when I thought I would get some time off, the DMA(Danish Maritime Academy) decided to show up on our vessel just before my sign off. The person is arriving on feb 3rd and leaving by the 5th.
This means Ill have to prepare the ship all over again for an inspection. This also means that my reliever can afford to have his feet up for the next 3 months since I made it through all the inspections. Great.
Adding to this depressing thought is the fact that I could have spent the Pongal holidays at home if I had signed on just a few days before. And I may have to sign on again just before my family member get some free time.
And inspite of all the above, life does seem to strike me as a fair bargainer. Im not able to grasp its intricacies, but I hope I do before this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment