Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Locked inside Karaneeswarar temple

A strange thing happenned today to me at the Karaneeswarar temple in saidapet. It was around 11.45 AM.  I had just completed the rounds around the praharam and sat down for a while.  There were atleast 30 people seated along with me in random under the main shed.
I was confident that the temple doors would not be locked when this many people are inside.  To my surprise, I found the huge temple doors shut when I turned to leave.
It turns out that the people still inside had no plans to leave any time soon as they were there for annadaanam(free lunch).
Finally I found a little trap door kind of a gate and left through there.
The lessons that I learnt were these: Never assume something based on circumstances and not hard facts.  Second, Disagree with the guy who created the old saying there is no such thing as a free lunch.(Ironically, I managed to get out only on the advice of someone who had come there, so literally, I got to have free lunch(free advice).

No comments:

Post a Comment