Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Diary 20-11-2011 [Our Ref:EXD29040]

Location: Pacific ocean. 24-36N 130-57W

A few things have happenned since my last post. One of my batchmates, Vasanth, has joined the ship at Balboa. Thanks to him, Indian onboard are having Puli Kaichal mix and Pepper rasam for lunch. Moreover, he has brought with him the latest movies released after my sign on aboard this vessel.

My life is going on as usual, that is, not so good but not so bad either. Ive been seeing one of the senior officers work and I have been wondering about my future and what I should be, say, in the next 5 years. However, thats for another post.

We have news about an Internal audit and an Annual safety survey and so Im getting things done here as much as possible each day. Though Im concentrating on these, my main concern is my lack of experience in handling such events. Some people I know are just too casual about not being experienced, but I can't be that way. But then, I cant do much anyway either.

The Harddisk that I bought in Balboa is not working and I made the stupid mistake of opening the case, which will make my warranty void according to company rules. I still wonder what I was thinking when I opened the protective case; I have never fixed a hard disk before.

That concludes today's day. There are 20 minutes more for the watch to complete and then, I believe I would fall asleep easy thanks to the heavy work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment